The Sun Is Also A Star You Know?

The Sun Is Also A Star Review

By Sithmi




Okay so this book, it got me. This is love at first sight, coincidences, fate and destiny alongside wonders of miracles wrapped up all together.  One day for two super opposite human beings to fall in love. By the way, it's in New York. Amazing. It’s a freaking miracle alright. But that's what makes Nicola Yoon's book great. Unrealistic dreams in a real situation.

I love the characters. I just love them. I think of Daniel and instantly the word ‘debonair’ springs up. This guy, he just loves to sweep a girl off her feet huh? Poems, stars and brown eyes, along with a suit? Whaat? I could continue this rant of questions but let me sum it up: a smart Korean American boy with a big heart, great voice and creative mind that needs to be free. He's the hopeless romantic.

Natasha on the other hand is a scientifically accurate Jamaican American girl with strong opinions and courageous determination. Her dream is to be a scientist and she loves the stars. She is logical though. She is the practical human, the pull back down to reality.

And this book, it takes reality and makes it a dream. That one day becomes a great story, where so much happens. By the end, it was the quick rollercoaster chapters. It was heartbreaking. I disliked it all but was very happy with ending. Satisfaction is what saved me from complete disappointment.

But you know, who I really looked forward to see at the end? Irene. I just kept thinking, Irene has to be there, if not Daniel, if not Natasha, Irene has to be there. No author could leave a character as fragile as her in a cliff-hanger.

So if you want to know who this is, read the book. It’s worth your while, however cheesy it can be, it is unique. Now I must watch the movie and hope they stuck to the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Sin To Kill A Mockingbird

Red Sparrow

Everything, Everything - Not Just One Thing