Why 'I'll Give You The Sun' is one of the best books on Earth

I'll Give You The Sun Book Review

By Sithmi


Jude and her twin Noah are close until a tragedy drives them apart. Now they are barely speaking - and both are falling for boys they can't have. Love's complicated.

This book is, in my opinion, Jandy Nelson's best book. There is heartbreak, trauma, grief, drama, reconciliation and love. Twins have a special connection, everyone knows. It’s psychic maybe. And here they show that this connection can be broken severely, but also mended just the same. As Jandy mentions, it is most certainly about the different types of love. This book highlights the love between twins.


I love Noah and his astronomical mind that is flooded end to end with colours and paintings. I love Jude and her crazy bible thumping self full of superstitions I wish were true. I love the Ax and his suitcase full of asteroids. I love the bad boy and his search for ‘her’. The characters all play a significant part in each other’s lives. As it came closer to the end and the strings could be slowly strung to link it up, you see how the effect of dominoes took place. How it starts at a few different places and ends up at one concluding point.


I didn’t understand the title, until the absolute end. It’s like a resolution. ‘I’ll Give You The Sun’. It’s that simple. They love the other person so much, they would give up the whole damn sun. The SUN! That’s a star, mind you.

The ending is so peacefully realistic and awesomely epic. I love it. Or maybe I just love Oscar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Sin To Kill A Mockingbird

Red Sparrow

Everything, Everything - Not Just One Thing